Friday, July 12, 2013

.....Why?

Seriously here’s a quick question. Why do we have to see negative in everything?

I still don’t understand. People will add a negative to anything someone might start. For instance, take today. I’m seeing a lot of people blacking their profile picture for Trayvon Martin until the verdict. Cool. I like it. I changed mine too. It’s a very nice gesture. Will it help or effect the trial in anyway? I really don’t believe it will but I would like to show support. I’m a person that if there is a way I can show support for something I will. Like maybe donate money or give blood. So of course something so small as changing my avatar on Instagram is no problem, if it’s something I support.

But of course, there are some who find fault in that. It’s a constitutional right to give your
opinion and speak on anything and in this day and age of social media people give their opinions about EVERYTHING. But for the love of God PLEASE DON'T DISAGREE. Then you are everything under the sun but a child of God. It’s really sad. People want to black their profile pic? Let them. It’s the same thing as last year when people wanted to take pictures in hoodies. Here is my question… At the end of the day, HOW does it affect you?

Are you mad now because you can't stalk the profile picture of someone you admire? Or does the color black disturb you THAT much? Support is support. I'm a Saints fan. I know wearing a black & gold shirt won't make us win. It sure didn't for a LONG time. But I'm going to wear one on game day for my support anyway.

A child is dead for no reason. His father won't ever hear his voice, won't ever see him grow to become a man. No parent wants to bury a child. And white or black that's all that matters. You attacking people’s mentality or choices on a day like today doesn’t feel minute to you? If you don’t want to black your picture, cool. Don’t. But saying negative things or making it a bigger issue about the people who do is childish and really petty. For once let something NOT be about you. Do you think Tracy Martin cares about what you disagree with or what you are arguing about on Social Media? I doubt it.

Just something to think about.

2 comments:

  1. I have been following this case since it began and it's still heartbreaking. It will always be heartbreaking because as a parent, as a daughter, as a sister, and as a friend, I can understand how the family and friends of TM may feel. What saddens me even more is how people are making a big issue of how we, the people who are able to sympathize, show our support. Maybe we can't be there physically, or rally, or protest, but are we not supposed to show any type of support? And why does it matter how we show our support?

    I'm not sure what people want other people to do. They want us to care, but when we do and when we show support, we're considered followers or doing it just because everyone else is doing it. It's never because we actually care. When this situation first came to light, everyone was mad because we were in the dark about it. Now that we're showing support and are aware, some of those same people are, in a sense, telling us to fall back.

    I know a black profile pic won't change anything. But it shows my awareness. It shows I care. It shows my support. And if I'm wrong for that, then oh well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very sad but also its not going to change anytime soon. After the verdict I said I would make another blog but I'm still at a loss for words about the whole thing. My frustration towards the entire subject is boiling over. So I try to keep my peace and pray for us as a whole and a people. 3/5 of a man has been around in the shadows of this nation for years. We just have to sign the petitions. Join the websites. Donate. Vote. Attend the rallies or however you have too to show support. Or nothing will change.

      Delete